I don’t even have words here, something something, mad food science, @HellBentBBQ gone mad.
Confit Bacon Chicken Lollis
Delicious Bacon wrapped drumettes, how could it get better than that? Wait for it... Confit it! Although it takes a lot of time it is well worth it and really low effort, all it takes is a little patience!
- Deep Baking Dish
- 2 lbs Chicken Drumettes Cut down around top of bone and push down to make a lollipop shape.
- 1/2 lb Bacon Cut in half
- 2 tbsp Holy Gospel Rub
- 2 Cups Duck fat
- French drumettes to turn into lollipops.
- Cut back strips in half.
- Take a piece of bacon and wrap it around each drumette.
- Sprinkle with rub. At this stage I let them sit overnight.
- remove from fridge, place in baking dish and fill with duck fat until drumette meat is covered.
- Cover with tin foil, and allow to bake for 5 hours at 250° in the smoker or oven.
- Remove from grill brown each drumette in a cast iron pan, dip in Apple Butter BBQ sauce, and place on a wire rack back on the grill for 10-15 minutes for sauce to set.
- Lastly enjoy!