Check out this decadent recipe from @erinlovesbaking. I like bourbon, bacon and chocolate brownies, and they are totally amazing in this mashup!
Caramel Bourbon Brownies with Praline Bacon Crumble
- 13 by 17 Sheet pan
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 1/4 Cups Cocoa
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Cup Unsalted butter Melted
- 1 Cup Hot Water
- 2 tsp instant espresso powder You could you 1 cup of strong coffee in place of hot water and espresso powder.
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted butter
- 1/4 Cup Cocoa
- 4 Cups Icing sugar
- 1/2 tsp Espresso Powder
- 2 tbsp Milk May need to add more.
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1 tbsp Light corn syrup
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream Warmed
- 1/2 Cup Bourbon Marc says to use the good stuff not the best stuff...I used Makers 46!
- 1/2 lb Bacon
- 1 Egg White
- 1/8 tsp Cream of Tartar
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- Preheat Oven to 350°
- Grease sheet pan.
- Mix flour, sugar, cocoa, salt, baking soda in a bowl and mix well.
- Add melted butter, water to dry ingredients and mix well.
- Next add 1/2 cup sour cream and eggs to mixture and mix well.
- Pour brownie batter into sheet pan place in oven and cook 20-30 minutes, will be done when a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Chocolate Espresso Icing
- Mix butter with beaters.
- Add Cocoa powder and espresso powder to butter and beat with mixers on slow speed.
- Add 1 cup of icing sugar, mix.
- Add 2 tbsp Milk, continue adding icing sugar until soft consistency.
- Place sugar, water, and corn syrup in a pot, over high heat, do not stir, brush sided of pot occasionally. Continue boiling until it turns an amber colour. remove from heat.
- Slowly add heavy cream while stirring, allow to sit for 1 minute, then add bourbon.
- Return to stove, bring to a rolling boil and allow to boil for 1 minute and remove from heat.
- Sauce will thicken as it sits.
- Cook 1/2 pound bacon and let cool. Cut bacon into small pieces.
- Place egg white in a small bowl with water and cream of tartar, beat with a wisk until soft peaks form.
- Mix cut up bacon bits in egg whites, spread out of a sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon together, sprinkle over bacon bits and give a bit of a mix, place in oven set to 250°. Mix and sprinkle more sugar every 15 minutes until bacon has cooked for 1 hour. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Poke holes in cake.
- Pour 1 cup of bourbon cream over cake slowly allowing it to fill holes poked in cakes.
- Spread icing on top of cake, top with bacon praline, and drizzle some of the remaining bourbon cream cut and serve.